Unlike the previous (partial) recipe for Roo Stew Dumplins, there is an image available – it’s up there ^^^^^.
Ingredients – dumplings – as per the Roo Stew Dumplins.
Not Roo Stew:
- 500g beef, chunkily diced
- 2 large onions
- two handfuls cherry tomatoes
- handful or two of your favourite mushrooms
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- olive oil
- preheat oven to 200 C
- preheat fry pan, add olive oil
- put flour and salt/pepper into bag, mix thoroughly
- drop chunks of beef into bag of flour, toss about and mix thoroughly
- shake excess flour from beef, put into fry pan, cook to sear quickly
- slice onions thinnish, add to pan with beef, stir
- add tomatoes
- add mushrooms, chunky-ish
- add 250ml veggie stock
- cover, let cook to soften tomatoes
- when all boiling away grandly, put into large baking dish
- add remaining stock to fry pan to warm it
- put chunks of dumpling mixture on top of the beef
- cover with remaining stock
- bake in over for 45 minutes – your timing may vary – check after 30 minutes, perhaps?
Remove from oven, let settle for 15 minutes or thereabouts: consume, enjoy.
I will get to the Roo Stew version as soon I next make it. Don’t cook as per with the beef above – the Roo will be tough as buggery if you do.